The Hartford, one of the leading insurance providers in the United States, has recently announced its decision to cease issuing new homeowners’ insurance policies in California, following in the footsteps of State Farm and Allstate. This move is set to take effect from February onwards and will leave many homeowners with limited options when it comes to securing adequate coverage. Experts in the mortgage industry have been closely observing this trend, as it may have significant implications for homeowners in California.
• The Hartford, one of the major insurance providers, will stop issuing new homeowners’ insurance policies in California, along with State Farm and Allstate.
• This decision is expected to take effect from February, leaving homeowners with fewer choices for obtaining insurance coverage.
• Industry experts have been monitoring this development as it raises concerns about the availability and affordability of homeowners’ insurance for Californians.
California residents looking to purchase new homeowners’ insurance policies will now face a more limited market, as The Hartford joins other major insurance companies in opting out of providing coverage. While specific reasons behind this decision have not been disclosed, it could potentially be connected to increased risks in the state, such as wildfire threats, which have become more frequent in recent years. This trend may cause homeowners to face difficulties in securing insurance that adequately protects their properties.
• Increased wildfire risks in California may be a contributing factor to insurance companies’ decisions to no longer issue new homeowners’ insurance policies.
• Homeowners in California may find it increasingly challenging to secure affordable and comprehensive insurance coverage.
• This development highlights the need for homeowners to carefully research and explore alternative options to safeguard their homes from potential risks.
You can read this full article at: https://www.housingwire.com/articles/another-homeowners-insurance-carrier-leaves-california/(subscription required)
Note Servicing Center provides professional, fully compliant loan servicing for private mortgage investors so they can avoid the aggravation of servicing their own loans and just relax and get paid. Contact us today for more information.