The Note Servicing Center is not a counseling agency and does not offer a proprietary forbearance or modification Plan.  All loans serviced by the Note Servicing Center are privately funded and are not potentially eligible for any federal, state or lender guideline foreclosure prevention alternative program.

Options that may be available to borrowers who are unable to afford their mortgage payments and who wish to avoid foreclosure are:

Refinance: You may be able to refinance with your lender or another lender

Sale of the Property: You may be able to sell your property before it is foreclosed

Forbearance Agreement (Workout) An agreement in writing where the lender and borrower agree the lender will defer foreclosing to do certain things including but not limited to making agreed upon post-default payments.

Loan Modification: agree in writing to modify the terms of the loan

Deed-in-lieu of Foreclosure: If you have been unable to see your lender may accept a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure as full satisfaction of the loan balance

Short Sale: When the fair market value of your property is less than the amount you owe, the lender may agree to a short sale allowing your property to be sold for less than the loan balance

When discussing options for avoiding foreclosure with your lender (beneficiary), borrowers should be prepared to collect and present, among other information requested by the lender, certain financial documents.  Your lender, subject to his policies may review this data and work with you to see if a foreclosure alternative is possible:

  • Mortgage or Loan Statements from Junior or Senior Lenders
  • Latest Payment Notification
  • For Application contact our office at: 800 646 3445
  • Application to include Property and Residence Address, social security numbers, and contact phone numbers
  • Employers verification
  • Pay Stubs for two months
  • Bank Statements for two months

Call the Note Servicing Center at 800-646-3445 to discuss your options. If you choose a loan modification or forbearance contact our office for a Modification Request or a Financial Application.

Additionally, the toll-free number made available by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to find a HUD-certified housing counseling agency is 1-800-569-4287 or TTY/TDD 1-800-877-8339.  You may find useful consumer information on foreclosure alternatives on the HUD website at including an article on “Tips for Avoiding Foreclosure”.