The mortgage industry has seen a shift in trends and an emergence of new advances in models used to determine loan approval. The newest model proposed by FICO offers a potential increase of up to 5% in mortgage approval rates.
This scoring model offers a combination of data including alternate data and could prove to be a major advantage to lenders when trying to make the best decisions possible. Adding in the factor of alternate data can provide a more complete picture of a prospective borrower and all the information that comes with it, including their payment history and financial behavior. In addition, lenders are more likely to benefit from a better understanding of these customers and their capability of repaying their loans which could lead to increased profits and stabilized portfolios.
• Newer scoring model proposed by FICO
• Increase of up to 5% in mortgage approval
• Combines data including alternate data
• Offers lenders a complete picture of prospective borrower
• Better understanding of customers and their capability of repaying loans
• Could lead to increased profits and stabilized portfolios
You can read this full article at: https://www.housingwire.com/articles/movement-mortgage-adopts-fico-10-t-credit-scoring-model-for-non-conforming-loans/(subscription required)
Note Servicing Center provides professional, fully compliant loan servicing for private mortgage investors so they can avoid the aggravation of servicing their own loans and just relax and get paid. Contact us today for more information.