CrossCountry Mortgage, one of the largest privately-held mortgage lenders in the United States, is in discussions to acquire Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation, an industry-leading independent mortgage lender. This news comes from multiple sources that spoke to HousingWire on the subject.
The acquisition of Fairway Mortgage, which originates mortgages in all 50 states, by CrossCountry Mortgage would give CrossCountry Mortgage a significant presence in the national mortgage market. This would result in thwarting major lenders from dominating a significant segment of the mortgage market. Additionally, the acquisition could benefit the public as more buyers would have access to competitive rates.
• CrossCountry Mortgage is in discussion to acquire Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
• Fairway Mortgage is a lender that originates mortgages in all 50 states
• CrossCountry Mortgage is one of America’s largest privately-held mortgage lenders
• The acquisition could result in more competitive rates for consumers
• The acquisition could prevent major lenders from dominating a significant segment of the mortgage market
You can read this full article at: https://www.housingwire.com/articles/crosscountry-in-talks-to-acquire-fairway-sources/(subscription required)
Note Servicing Center provides professional, fully compliant loan servicing for private mortgage investors so they can avoid the aggravation of servicing their own loans and just relax and get paid. Contact us today for more information.