Several commission lawsuits have been filed, targeting state and local brokerages, MLSs (Multiple Listing Services), and Realtor associations, all of which are being accused of engaging in price-fixing practices regarding real estate agent commissions. The lawsuits claim that these organizations have been conspiring to set commissions at a fixed rate, limiting competition and potentially driving up costs for consumers. The allegations suggest that this collusive behavior has generated substantial profits for the accused parties, while simultaneously stifling market competition and consumer choice.
• Several commission lawsuits have been filed against state and local brokerages, MLSs, and Realtor associations.
• Accused organizations are allegedly involved in price-fixing practices related to real estate agent commissions.
• These organizations are accused of conspiring to set commissions at a fixed rate, limiting competition in the market.
• The lawsuits suggest that this collusion leads to increased costs for consumers and restricted consumer choice.
• The accused parties are alleged to have profited significantly from this collusive behavior.
As these commission lawsuits progress, it remains to be seen how the accused organizations will defend themselves against the allegations. The outcome of these cases could potentially have a substantial impact on the real estate industry, particularly in terms of competition, pricing transparency, and consumer affordability.
You can read this full article at: https://www.housingwire.com/articles/copycat-commission-lawsuits-filed-in-florida-pennsylvania/(subscription required)
Note Servicing Center provides professional, fully compliant loan servicing for private mortgage investors so they can avoid the aggravation of servicing their own loans and just relax and get paid. Contact us today for more information.