The financial impact of the devastation caused by the recent natural disaster in Lahaina is massive. According to an extensive analysis of the damage assessment and Maui tax roll data conducted by HousingWire, the cost of rebuilding the damaged residential structures alone could total an estimated $450 million.
The cost of repairing and replacing destroyed homes is only part of the overall toll that the natural disaster caused. The destruction went beyond residential structures and extended to businesses, government buildings and educational facilities. With the full scope of destruction unclear, it is impossible to calculate the entire economic toll that the disaster took on the area.
The most important elements of the text in bullet points are:
– Financial toll of damage in Lahaina is huge, estimated to cost more than $450 million for residential structures alone
– Damage assessment and Maui tax roll data analyzed by HousingWire
– Cost of repairs and replacements to destroyed homes is only part of the overall toll
– Extensive destruction went beyond residential structures and damaged businesses, government buildings and educational facilities
– Full scope of destruction unclear, making it impossible to calculate the entire economic toll
You can read this full article at: https://www.housingwire.com/articles/datadigest-tallying-the-damage-of-hawaiis-lahaina-wildfire/(subscription required)
Note Servicing Center provides professional, fully compliant loan servicing for private mortgage investors so they can avoid the aggravation of servicing their own loans and just relax and get paid. Contact us today for more information.