AG Mortgage Investment Trust, Inc. (“MITT”) and Western Asset Mortgage Capital Corporation (“MCC”) have entered into an agreement to merge as one company. The merger is expected to create a trusted leader in mortgage-associated investments that carries a strong balance sheet and a deep portfolio of non-agencymortgage associated securities.
This agreement marks a clear victory for MITT, having beaten its competitor Terra Property Trust, Inc. (“TPT”) in competition to acquire MCC. Once the merger is complete, the combined portfolio will host a wide array of non-agency mortgage-associated securities. This portfolio will accumulate to around $17 billion in assets under management.
Key points of the agreement:
• MITT will acquire MCC through a merger agreement
• The combined portfolio will have a wide array of non-agency mortgage-associated securities
• The combined portfolio is expected to accumulate assets of around $17 billion under management
• MITT won the competition to acquire MCC, beating its competitor TPT
• The merger is expected to form a trusted leader in mortgage-associated investments with a strong balance sheet
You can read this full article at: https://www.housingwire.com/articles/reit-fight-western-asset-agrees-to-merge-with-ag-mortgage-after-spurning-terra/(subscription required)
Note Servicing Center provides professional, fully compliant loan servicing for private mortgage investors so they can avoid the aggravation of servicing their own loans and just relax and get paid. Contact us today for more information.