The first quarter of 2023 showed challenges for the mortgage industry, particularly for Old Republic. Interest rates have been steadily increasing, while housing inventory remains low. In the face of these headwinds, Old Republic reported a decline in both revenue and profits year over year in the first quarter.
The trend of high interest rates and low inventory has been continuing for months, creating an unfavourable climate for Old Republic’s business. The company’s shareholders were met with a decrease in profits and revenue in the first quarter of this year.
The current market situation presents difficulties for Old Republic, however the company continues to search for ways to mitigate potential impacts. Key topics of focus this quarter include strategies to combat the high rate climate, combat the low housing inventory, and long-term strategies for fiscal profitability in the face of these market pressures.
• Old Republic saw its revenue and net income fall year over year in Q1
• Interest rates have been steadily increasing, while housing inventory remains low
• First quarter of 2023 presented challenges for Old Republic
• Shareholders met with a decrease in profits and revenue in the first quarter
• Old Republic continues to search for ways to mitigate potential impacts
You can read this full article at: https://www.housingwire.com/articles/old-republic-tackles-the-q1-headwinds/(subscription required)
Note Servicing Center provides professional, fully compliant loan servicing for private mortgage investors so they can avoid the aggravation of servicing their own loans and just relax and get paid. Contact us today for more information.