Day two of the court proceedings in the much-anticipated trial of the mortgage industry’s top executives ended with a knockout punch–video depositions of three of the industry’s foremost leaders.
The video depositions were used to discuss a wide range of topics, including but not limited to: setting commissions, determining roles of the executives, encouraging “co-opetition” tactics, and confidential National Association of Realtors (NAR) meetings. The court’s social media page highlighted the commissioner’s apparent shock at the level of the executives’ understanding of the industry’s economic practices.
The three executives who participated in the depositions had a combined industry experience of over 50 years, and were shown to be extremely knowledgeable and respected in their sector. Ready with well-crafted answers that spoke to the nuances of the market, these criticisms included complex topics such as multi-tiered commission structures, codes of shared regulations, and the nature of contractual relationships.
The most important elements of the text:
• Presentation of video depositions of 3 top executives to jury
• Discussed commissions, steering, and “co-opetition” tactics
• Discussed confidential NAR meetings
• Executive’s combined industry experience of 50+ years
• Executive’s understanding showcased in social media page
• Covered complex topics such as commission structures, shared regulations, and contractual relationships
You can read this full article at: https://www.housingwire.com/articles/gary-keller-bob-goldberg-gino-blefari-depositions-on-commissions-shared-with-the-jury/(subscription required)
Note Servicing Center provides professional, fully compliant loan servicing for private mortgage investors so they can avoid the aggravation of servicing their own loans and just relax and get paid. Contact us today for more information.