Figure Technologies,founded by ex-SoFi CEO Mike Cagney, has just announced that it has laid off 20% of its staff in order to optimize operations. The announcement regards a planned public offering in 2024.
Figure Technologies was co-founded by Cagney and Marilyn Cagney in 2018 and originally focused on refinances and home equity loans. The idea was to develop and launch a a blockchain-based finance platform which could accommodate home mortgages and consumer lending. Since its launch, the organization has managed to bring in $225 million in funding and grow to include a research and development arm.
In order to prepare for its planned public offering, Figure Technologies will be restructuring its staff by replacing a portion of its personnel with external employees while downsize other areas. As a result of the cost-cutting measures, 20% of the staff will be laid off. The company plans to reinstate those employees with equity shares once the public offering is carried out in 2024.
• Mike Cagney brings Figure Technologies to life in 2018
• Focus on refinancing and home equity loans
• Raised $225 million in funding
• Developing and launching blockchain-based finance platform for mortgages and consumer lending
• Restructuring personnel and reducing staff by 20% through layoffs
• Equivalently offering equity shares in 2024 upon public offering
You can read this full article at: https://www.housingwire.com/articles/figure-lays-off-20-of-staff-amid-plans-to-go-public-report/(subscription required)
Note Servicing Center provides professional, fully compliant loan servicing for private mortgage investors so they can avoid the aggravation of servicing their own loans and just relax and get paid. Contact us today for more information.