The first quarter of 2023 was a difficult market for anyone in the housing industry, including institutional buyers of single-family rental (SFR) properties. This was mirrored by a general weakening of the housing market in recent months. As part of a broad-based slump, some Wall Street players saw their investments take a dip during that period.
However, evidence suggests that this situation has been improving lately. Signs indicate that the second quarter of 2023 has seen a notable upswing in activity for Wall Street investors in the SFR market. There has been a resurgence of activity from major corporations, with big-money players signing off on more substantial deals. This has brought renewed confidence to the market, especially since some of these investments have been made in markets where there had previously been a downturn.
Some important elements of this text include:
• First quarter of 2023 presented a challenge to Wall Street players in the single-family rental (SFR) market
• Broad slump in the housing market over recent months
• Signs suggesting that the second quarter of 2023 has seen an upswing in activity for Wall Street investors
• Renewed confidence in the SFR market thanks to more substantial deals being made by major corporations
• Some of the investments being made in markets that had previously seen a downturn
You can read this full article at: https://www.housingwire.com/articles/institutional-sfr-market-poised-for-a-rebound/(subscription required)
Note Servicing Center provides professional, fully compliant loan servicing for private mortgage investors so they can avoid the aggravation of servicing their own loans and just relax and get paid. Contact us today for more information.