The Federal Reserve recently released inflation data which could provide a path to a pivot in the year 2024. Logan Mohtashami, an industry expert, looks at the potential implications for mortgage rates and discusses what the future may hold.
Inflation rates have been consistently rising over the last several months, leading to speculation from industry experts about a possible shift in the Fed’s strategy. The new data serves to confirm that a pivot may indeed be on the horizon. Despite this positive news, the rate of inflation is still well below the Fed’s targeted rate of 2% and overall rate growth is not following the anticipated pattern.
In light of this recent economic news, Mohtashami makes it clear that the Fed could take a variety of paths and the potential implications for mortgage rates should not be overlooked. The possibility that the Fed may shift in the coming year should be something which all borrowers and lenders are aware of, and should help shape their short and long-term strategies.
– The Federal Reserve recently released inflation data which could provide a path to a 2024 pivot
– Monetary expert Logan Mohtashami discussed potential implications for rates
– Inflation rates rising but still below the Fed’s 2% target
– Fed could take a variety of paths in the future
– All borrowers and lenders should be aware of the potential shift and should plan accordingly
You can read this full article at: https://www.housingwire.com/articles/inflation-data-laying-groundwork-for-the-fed-to-pivot/(subscription required)
Note Servicing Center provides professional, fully compliant loan servicing for private mortgage investors so they can avoid the aggravation of servicing their own loans and just relax and get paid. Contact us today for more information.