In the latest legal battle surrounding real estate commissions, eight Realtor associations have been named as defendants, while brokerages have managed to avoid being directly implicated. The lawsuit appears to target the associations’ policies and actions, rather than individual brokerages, and seeks to challenge the traditional commission structure in the industry.
• Lawsuit excludes brokerages, focusing on eight Realtor associations as defendants.
• Legal action appears to target associations’ policies and actions.
• Aim is to challenge the conventional commission structure in the real estate industry.
• Brokerages potentially avoided direct implication in the lawsuit.
• Lawsuit raises questions about the fairness and transparency of commission models.
This legal development highlights the ongoing scrutiny that the real estate industry is facing, particularly regarding the transparency and fairness of commission structures. As the lawsuit progresses, it may prompt discussions within the industry to reevaluate commission practices and potentially lead to changes in how real estate transactions are conducted.
You can read this full article at: https://www.housingwire.com/articles/new-and-unusual-commission-lawsuit-alleges-collusion-in-sin-city/(subscription required)
Note Servicing Center provides professional, fully compliant loan servicing for private mortgage investors so they can avoid the aggravation of servicing their own loans and just relax and get paid. Contact us today for more information.