April brought a surprise jump in job growth according to the newly released U.S. employment data. The numbers showed that the total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 253,000 with industries such as retail, professional and business services, leisure and hospitality, and health care showing over the month gains.
The news was welcomed by economists, who had predicted the April’s numbers to be almost half of what was reported. The one-month increase was greater than the four-month average of 202,500 jobs per month. In addition, the national unemployment rate remained unchanged at 4.1%, reflecting a tight labor market.
Main points to be aware of regarding this job growth:
• Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 253,000 jobs
• Industries such as retail, professional and business services, leisure and hospitality, and health care all reported month to month gains
• The increase exceeded economists’ expectations
• The national unemployment rate remains steady at 4.1%
• This reflects a tight labor market
You can read this full article at: https://www.housingwire.com/articles/will-strong-job-growth-upset-the-feds-plans/(subscription required)
Note Servicing Center provides professional, fully compliant loan servicing for private mortgage investors so they can avoid the aggravation of servicing their own loans and just relax and get paid. Contact us today for more information.